I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
We love ice cream in our house and anytime that I can make it “healthier” its even better. The best part about this recipe is that its adaptable and most likely you have all of these ingredients at your house already! Its also fun to get the kids involved in helping to make it. If you get chocolate cravings, like me, you have to try this recipe!
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 Bananas
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup half and half (to make Vegan use 1 cup Coconut Milk)
- 3 TBS Cocoa Powder
- Optional: Chocolate Chips
- Add the first 4 ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth
- Place in an ice cream maker and churn for about 20 minutes. If you do not have an ice cream maker, skip this step
- Place in a freezer safe container and put it in the freezer for 3+ hrs before serving
This recipe works great for a guilt free ice pop as well. Here are a few things you can add to the recipe to change things up: Mint Extract, Peanut Butter, Strawberries, Cookie pieces and more.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!