There is a restaurant in Virginia Beach, called Hearth, that makes some amazing wood fired pizza. Actually all of their food is delicious and I highly recommend it if you are in the area. One of their pizzas is a take on a BLT, but with kale and is topped with a black pepper aioli. I have often put a balsamic reduction on my pizza, but never an aioli. It was incredible! I knew I needed to try to make it at home.
I am not a huge fan of ketchup and rarely have it on hand, but this black pepper aioli seemed like the perfect dip for some crispy potato wedges. Every now and then I crave chips and these seem to take care of that craving! This aioli would also taste great on a sandwich, burger, or even as a veggie dip. Now all I need to do is master my pizza recipe and I will be set!
Crispy Potato Wedges with Black Pepper Aioli
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Black Pepper Aioli Ingredients
- 1 cup mayo (I use this recipe or Lisa’s Vegan Aioli recipe)
- 1.5 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut potato into six wedges, depending on potato size.
- Place in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender *you don’t want them falling apart
- Drain potatoes and let cool to touch.
- While they cool, make the aioli by combining mayo, black pepper, ACV, and garlic until incorporated.
- After potatoes have cooled to touch, toss them in a bowl with 2 tablespoons avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with black pepper aioli.