For this week’s Friday Fun, I thought I would stick with the Earth month theme and share a few links to help lead a more sustainable life. Whether you are looking to cook seasonally, donate clothes, striving to create less waste, or looking for your next adventure, we have you covered! I also included a meditation guide at the end for overall well-being. This week has been a doozy for us with an injury, fevers, and an upcoming move so anything to help minimize stress, I will try!
Check out the links below and have a wonderful weekend!
- Do you like to cook by what fruits and vegetables are in season locally? Not only is it often cheaper, but using seasonal produce can actually boost the nutrition value and enhance the flavor of the produce. The produce doesn’t have to travel as far and isn’t picked before it is ripe. Cookie and Kate writes a post each month with what produce is in season and offers up some recipe inspiration. Go check out her post for April!
- Looking to get rid of some old clothes? This post on Green Matters has some great ideas of notable charities to donate old clothes, shoes, and glasses.
- Striving to be zero-waste can seem intimidating. Over on Green Indy Blog they give you 10 simple steps to help you strive to be more waste free.
- For your next adventure go to The Outbound Collective. Their website is filled with inspiration so you can easily find ways to enjoy this beautiful planet either locally or for your next vacation. Be sure to check out their Instagram for some pretty spectacular photos.
- Finally, Well and Good shares a guide to meditation based on whether you are feeling anxiety, the blues, having relationship issues, or trouble sleeping. It even gives some meditations to try.
Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend? Make it a great one!