With Cinco De Mayo around the corner, we decided to make fruit nachos at our house. We eat a lot of Mexican food and, I thought this recipe would be a good treat at the end of the meal. If you have left over tortillas, its a great way to use them! AND who can resist strawberries and whipped cream!?!
I had a little helper in the kitchen while making this recipe and he had fun doing most of the work. Lastly, I like this dessert because it is easy and adaptable. You can change the fruit out for other berries. Instead of whipped cream, you could do ice cream. You could even add a little lime to the berries to give them a zing.
Festive Fruit Nachos
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 2 t Coconut Sugar
- 1 C Strawberries
- 1/2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 C Chocolate Chips
- 2 T Milk
- Preheat oven at the to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/6ths (pizza shapes) with a pizza cutter.
- Put all of your pizza shaped tortilla pieces on a cookie sheet.
- Mix 1 t of cinnamon and 1 t of coconut sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture all over the tortillas.
- Bake the tortillas for 10 minutes.
- In a stand mixer with the wire whip, mix 1 t coconut sugar and the heavy cream on high until peaks form.
- Wash and chop the strawberries into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a double boiler, add the chocolate chips and milk. Mix until all of the chocolate has melted into smooth consistency.
- Once all parts are completed assemble your nachos! Chips on the bottom, followed by the strawberries and then the whipped cream on top of that. We put the chocolate into a cup for dipping but you can also drizzle it over your nachos.