“The days are long but, the years are short.” We all hear it, that piece of advice from every parent before us and, oh how true that one little sentence can be. Being a mom, gave me a new found respect for my own parents because to be honest this
shit stuff is hard! Are the kids getting enough vegetables, and too much TV!? Did they go to school with underwear on? (yup, real topic in this house) I mean the list goes on and on. With all that said, at the end of the day I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I love my crazy kiddos and couldn’t imagine life any other way.
Mother’s day is that one day, we get to put our feet up and have breakfast in bed (if we are lucky). Lets shower all the mom’s out there with a little love and some handmade gifts. Things that bring peace to their busy world and a little sparkle in their to their day.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide:
- Who doesn’t need a little zen in their life?! This adorable air plant holder by Rock N Air would be a perfect gift for any mom looking to create a little space of her own for relaxing and meditation. Be sure to check out the Rock N Air Etsy shop too. There are so many choices. Its hard to choose just one!
- Instead of sending mom flowers this year, why not send a gorgeous flower painting. Blue Lotus Art has the perfect gift that will last the whole year through. Check out Nisha’s other art work at her shop here!
- These bracelets by Gaia Boheme Jewellery are gorgeous! They are beautifully hand crafted and come in all different colors. The perfect accessories for any outfit! If your mom is not into bracelets, check out her shop for handmade necklaces and earrings too.
- I love handmade pottery! Susan Gordon Pottery has these exquisite bowls in such cheerful colors at her Etsy shop. They are a perfect addition to any mom’s dish collection. Susan also has other gifts at her shop including jewelry and dinnerware- check it out!
- If your mom enjoys cooking with fresh herbs or gardening, Built With My Bare Hands has a great Mother’s day gift for her. This herb planter is chic and sits by a window or can be hung on the wall. There are also many other beautifully made reclaimed wood pieces at his Etsy Shop. Take a moment and check it out!
Whether its a handmade card and a hug or one of the gifts above, give your Momma (and all the women in your life) some extra love this Mother’s Day! What are you doing for Mother’s day? Is your Mom near or far?