As Summer gets closer, we spend more time eating outdoors. I love to make this quick cucumber salad for these occasions. Its a staple in my house this time of year and the best part is that I have all ingredients on hand. Its the perfect side dish to make ahead or double and serve at your next BBQ.
It all starts by heading out to my garden (or farmers market) for some fresh cucumbers, dill and green onions. Growing fresh herbs at home is a great way to add spice to any recipe and much cheaper then buying them weekly at the store. You can grown them indoor or outdoors, so that you can use them year round.
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1/4 C Green Onions
- 2 T Dill
- 1 t Dried Garlic
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 C Mayonnaise or Mayonnaise Substitute
- 1 t Honey
- 1/2 t Pepper
- 1/2 t Salt
- Peel (if you want to) and cut the cucumbers into bite size pieces.
- Chop up the green onion and dill and put them in the bowl with the cucumbers.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the apple cider vinegar, mayo, honey, pepper, salt, garlic
- Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!