Did you all have a nice short week after Memorial Weekend? I spent my week up at the North Shore in Minnesota. We are up in Minnesota to celebrate the lives of my grandma and grandpa and will be having a memorial service later today for them. My grandmother loved the North Shore so it seemed fitting to honor her memory by spending a few days up there. Much like Grandma, the North Shore is one of my favorite places. We listened to the waves crashing, climbed on the rocky shore, went to the Naniboujou Lodge, and watched a thunderstorm storm roll in. It was a perfect getaway!
Here are some fun links we found to get you ready for the weekend! Enjoy!
- If you are having a hard time falling asleep, Yoga By Candace has you covered with her guided meditation for sleep.
- Essentially Lallu has a 21 day Mindset Challenge to help you become more self-compassionate. I think we all could use little reminders to focus on the positive rather than self-deprecating thoughts that tend to creep in sometimes.
- With summer around the corner and a lot of people heading to the beach, you may be looking for some new beachwear. Eco Warrior Princess has outlined 5 ethical and sustainable surf wear brands to purchase from.
- This grilled pesto zucchini from Half Baked Harvest looks like a perfect recipe for summer. The zucchini are stuffed with tomatoes, orzo, and feta cheese!
- Over on Tasty Yummies, nutritional therapy practitioner, Brynn D’Avello has written 3 part post on Happy Hormones. There are many common signs that you may have a hormonal imbalance including weight gain/loss, depression, and anxiety. It is an interesting read and she has some simple changes that you can incorporate.
- Bonus: If you are having a summer party, these Raspberry and Gin Slushies from Joy the Baker look pretty tasty!
We hope you have a fun-filled weekend!