Do you ever have a dish at a restaurant and think about how great it would be to have it whenever you want it? This is how I felt the first time I had the apple salad at Cafe Lurcat in Minneapolis. After our small wedding ceremony here, we had a nice dinner with our families here and everyone fell in love with that salad. Between my aunt, sister, and I, we managed to replicate it as best as we could. My husband and I recently went back to celebrate our anniversary and of course had to get the salad. While it was still quite tasty, I prefer our version better. The combination of tart apples, cheese, and lemon dressing make it the perfect light side dish for summer! This makes a great dish to bring for a party as it pairs well with just about everything. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Apple, Cheese, & Chive Salad
- 3 Granny Smith apples,cut into matchsticks
- 5 oz Manchego cheese (I have also subbed Swiss cheese), cut into matchsticks
- 2 Tablespoons Chives, chopped
- 5 Tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2.5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Shallots, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine apples, cheese, and chives in bowl.
- To make the dressing, mix olive oil, lemon juice and zest, apple cider vinegar, shallots, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over apple mixture and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.