It seems like people everywhere are experiencing heat waves, at least across the U.S. My family and I are finally moved into a home and on our moving day it was 117º here in southern Arizona! All I can say, is thank goodness for the hardworking people that delivered our household goods.
The heat here is definitely something to get used to. My daughter and I seem to run on ice cold drinks, A/C, and whatever juicy fruit we have in our fridge!
Now that I have my Vitamix back, I couldn’t wait to whip up this watermelon slushy! This drink is so refreshing during the summer. I think they would even be good with a little vodka or sparkling wine added in for a fun summer cocktail!
Sparkling Watermelon Slush
- 3 to 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- Juice from 1 lime
- 4 large fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups ice Cubes*
- Seltzer Water (I used plain)
- Put watermelon cubes, lime juice, and mint in a blender and blend until it looks like juice.
- Add ice cubes and blend until it forms a slush.
- Fill your glass 1/2 to 3/4 full with slush and top with seltzer water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
*Add frozen strawberries in place of ice for a yummy twist.