I am always looking for more ways to create peace and positive energy at home. It is Summer time and the kids are out of school so, most days we spend a lot of time together- at home. I have noticed that there are several things that I can do daily to keep a calm more laid back household. Don’t get me wrong- sometimes it still gets tense around here and we need a little more zen then others but, these changes help bring a sense of peace in our house.
1. Plants: If you read our blog, you know how much I love plants. They reduce stress and clean the indoor air. Plus they are just beautiful!
2. Calm Color Scheme: I like pale colors like cream, light gray and I add a little blue into every room. Not only are pale blues my favorite colors but, they are also said to evoke a calm serene feeling. Choose the colors that speak to you and have fun creating a happy space for you and your family.
3. Reading nook or comfy place to relax: A place to retreat and feel comfortable in your house is so important. This is not only true for adults but, children too. Its wonderful to curl up with a good book and relax instead of being on technology.
4. Declutter: A cluttered home is not calm and inviting. Whether its papers on the counters, dishes piling up in the sink or just hanging on to too many things getting rid of the unnecessary objects and organize the rest is liberating. It will feel good to purge and you will be much happier and calmer in a clean environment. I think a little organization goes a long way.
5. Lighting: Open up those blinds and let the light spill in! If you are like me and you do not like lighting candles but, still want the pretty low lighting at night invest in a Himalayan salt lamp. I have one next to my bed and I use it to read by every night. It is also said to get rid of negative energy. You can also use flame-less LED candles around the house for beautiful warm lighting thoughout.
6. Make Happy Memories Together: One of the easiest ways to have great energy at home is to create it! Play a game with your kids, make a meal together, cuddle up and watch a movie and so much more. Be present and enjoy moments together, whatever they may be.