I can not believe we are already in the second week of July! The Summer seems to be flying by and we are having a blast. I hope you are too. We are always on the go and my garden has all kinds of goodies growing in it so, I decided to throw it together with some quinoa pasta. It is the perfect dish for a picnic, pool side and you can make it ahead.
I jam packed the pasta dish with healthy vegetables and paired it with an easy vinaigrette. I also sprinkled hemp seeds on top for a dose of omegas and yummy crunch. I used beet greens which have a bit of a tart taste to them. I love it but, if you do not you can switch it out for rainbow chard or other leafy greens. Feel free to add red onion to your pasta as well. I chose to leave it out in this batch because my littles wouldn’t eat it.
Rainbow Pasta Salad
- 1 Cup Cooked and Cooled Pasta (can use Gluten Free)
- 2 Small Red Peppers
- 2 Small Yellow Peppers
- 2 Small Orange Peppers
- 1 Cup Beet Greens
- 2 Tablespoon Hemp Seeds (sprinkle on top
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Cook your pasta as directed on the box and let cool.
- Chop up the vegetables into small pieces and add them to the cooled pasta.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, honey, pepper, salt, garlic
- Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!