I am a huge fan of spice and love buffalo sauce! In our house, we have really cut back on our meat consumption so I am always looking for some vegetarian dishes to make. I have had buffalo cauliflower in the past, but I thought how great would it be to make a taco out of it because, well, who doesn’t love tacos?! These tacos have been on repeat in our house lately!
I played around with roasting the cauliflower plain, but decided it was much more flavorful to mix it with the buffalo sauce before and after roasting.
Then I made a relish using avocado, celery, and Whole Sisters dump ranch. If you have never made this dressing, I highly recommend it! I make this clean, dairy-free ranch weekly and use it on everything: breakfast salads, dip for veggies, and lettuce wrap sandwiches.
Finally, I layered it all on a cassava flour tortilla and topped with some micro-greens!
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- small tortillas
- optional: crumbled cheese
- 3 Tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Avocado, Celery, and Ranch Relish
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, I used this recipe
- 5 stalks celery
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 of the buffalo sauce (recipe below) over the cauliflower florets and mix. You basically want to coat every single floret completely to impart extra flavor as it roasts. You will use the rest of the sauce to coat the roasted cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While cauliflower is roasting, make the avocado, celery, and ranch relish (recipe below).
- Remove cauliflower from oven and toss with remaining buffalo sauce.
- Spread relish on a tortilla and top with roasted buffalo cauliflower.
- Top with micro-greens and enjoy!
- Melt ghee or butter on stovetop.
- Add in Frank’s Red Hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix well.
Avocado, Celery, and Ranch Relish:
- Mix ranch dressing and avocado in a food processor until smooth.
- Add celery and pulse in food processor until chopped in small pieces.