What do you have planned for this weekend? We have a weekend filled with celebrations and simple joys of being surrounded by family and friends. The perfect way to unwind after a busy week! As you settle in for the weekend, we hope you enjoy our Top 5 Friday Fun links for the week! Continue reading “Top 5 Friday Fun”
Can you believe it is almost July?! It has been over two months since we moved to Arizona and we are finally going to be moved in next week. It’s crazy how fast this time has gone by and I am so thankful for some quality time in Minnesota with so many of my favorite people. We are definitely ready to be as a whole family again and be reunited with my husband for a relaxing 4th!
What do you all planned for the 4th of July holiday?
Check out the links below for some fun weekend reads!
- Our favorite furry companions can get stressed by all the 4th of July activity. In fact, more pets run away from home on the 4th than any other day of the year. Tail Travelers has some great tips on keeping your pups safe this upcoming 4th of July.
- Summertime is the perfect time to cool down with a popsicle. My mom and I made these from Paleo Paparazzi this week and they are fantastic!
- Do you have travel on your mind? Maybe missing friends that live across the country? Over at Goop, they have some travel inspiration for your next girl’s trip. Whether you are looking to enjoy the city, the great outdoors, or have a beach getaway, they have some great ideas!
- This travel map DIY on Say Yes looks like a fun idea to map out where you and your family have been. I have been thinking of doing a map like this with my daughter so we can mark all of our adventures!
- Finally, if you are looking for a fun, healthy non-alcoholic drink this summer That’s Chelsea has a lemon blackberry blue lotus tonic that looks so yummy!
Did you all have a nice short week after Memorial Weekend? I spent my week up at the North Shore in Minnesota. We are up in Minnesota to celebrate the lives of my grandma and grandpa and will be having a memorial service later today for them. My grandmother loved the North Shore so it seemed fitting to honor her memory by spending a few days up there. Much like Grandma, the North Shore is one of my favorite places. We listened to the waves crashing, climbed on the rocky shore, went to the Naniboujou Lodge, and watched a thunderstorm storm roll in. It was a perfect getaway!
Here are some fun links we found to get you ready for the weekend! Enjoy! Keep on Reading!
As you know, this month we have been sharing eco-friendly tips and advice in honor of Earth month. Earth Day first began in 1970 and was started by a U.S. Senator, Gaylord Nelson.
after witnessing the ravages of the 1969 massive oil spill in Santa Barbara, California. Inspired by the student anti-war movement, he realized that if he could infuse that energy with an emerging public consciousness about air and water pollution, it would force environmental protection onto the national political agenda. –www.earthday.org
Earth Day started with 20 million people coming together to make a change and bring awareness to environmental issues and is now celebrated by more than a billion people each year. We wanted to share some ways to celebrate and to make a difference all year long!
Why hello! We are Katie and Lisa and we are so excited to start this new adventure together. We have been friends for a long time and have shared so many memories together from college days, weddings, military moves, and children. Throughout the last 11 years, we have also come to call on each other for craft ideas, help with up-cycled furniture, recipes, and eco friendly tips. This blog is our tool to help pass along some of that motivation and inspiration from our homes to yours.