We have been on the go lately. Between work, school, puppy and sports I feel like I could use another 5 hours in my day to get everything done. Although I have delegated more in recent weeks, time still flies! I have decided to compile some of my go to recipes for quick healthy breakfast that also fills you up. Yes, all of you green smoothie only or a cup of yogurt until lunch time…just doesn’t get it done for this girl (I wish it did). I need something a little heavier during the morning. I also want to note that we are up before the sun every morning and my children eat two breakfasts before school. With that said, healthy but hardy is key in my house.
5 Breakfast Recipes:
- Egg Tacos: We use this recipe and put a fried egg on top. All of the ingredients except the egg, can be made ahead of time and warmed up in the morning.
- Avocado Toast: This is another go to in my house. Here are many different variations for this yummy quick toast.
- Waffles: Once a week I will make either waffles or pancakes with a clean eating recipe. I always make the batter the night before and cover it in the refrigerator. This helps with both keeping the kitchen clean and buys me more time in the morning.
- Scrambled Egg Muffins: My husband leaves really early in the morning so, I will make this easy egg recipe or a frittata. This way he can take a piece right out of the refrigerator and eat it on the go.
- Roasted Veggies and Eggs: This is another go to, and can easily be refrigerated. I usually roast the veggies and keep them in a container. I heat them up with the fried egg in the morning.
Bonus: I have not tried this recipe yet but, doesn’t it look amazing?!