Something about Memorial Day and the unofficial start to Summer that makes me come alive! I start counting down the days until schools out and the excitement of long starry nights, pool parties and BBQs. Making memories that last the whole winter through. In between soaking up the sun and enjoying yourself this weekend (where ever you are) Check out the cool links below. Have a safe and wonderful weekend!
Good morning all! I am so looking forward to the weekend ahead with my family. We have been so unsettled while we wait to move into a house and are lucky to be staying at a friend’s house while they are out of town. We are looking forward to a very slow paced and relaxing weekend filled with time in the pool, walks with the pups, and playtime. I am also excited to see what Meghan Markle will be wearing! Anyone planning on watching the Royal Wedding tomorrow morning?? Keep on reading!
Happy Friday Y’all! At our house, it was a week full of changes, happy energy and family time. I also think my family has Spring fever! We can see the finish line at the end of the school year and the start of Summer fun. My children and I have planted our garden and impatiently waiting for ripe berries and fresh veggies. In the mean time, we are filling our time with a weekend of brunch, a children’s play and sports. Whatever you are doing this weekend, take a minute and put your feet up and check out the great links below: Keep on Reading!
What a week! Or two for that matter! Two weeks ago we left the East coast and moved cross country for my husband’s job. We made the most of our 12 day road trip and finally made it to our destination on Wednesday night. I am exhausted. I enjoyed relaxing for a bit catching up on some of my favorite blogs. Keep on reading!
What a beautiful week it has been here in Maryland. I hope the weather has started to warm up in your area as well. As we round out April and a month of eco-friendly habits, I have learned so many new tips and tricks from friends and readers. Thank you all for sharing! Here are a few fun stories around the web this week. Enjoy your weekend!
- Eco Warrior Princess Blog a great article about not only personal change for the environment but, that corporations need to make changes as well.
- Have you heard of manuka honey? I have not tried it yet, but after reading this post by Glamorganic Goddess, I am going to have to get my hands on jar of it.
- Here are 6 ways to conserve water! I love that this list is realistic and anyone can participate.
- As a child, my grandmother always made no bake cookies for us. They were my favorite! Here is a twist on the no bake cookie by WellnessMama that anyone can enjoy.
- Clare from Fitting it all in has a wonderful read on body image and loving our bodies. Lets first love ourselves and then each other!
Katie and I both have big weekends coming up! She is packing up her house for another cross country move. It has been amazing having her family a few hours away so that we could visit a few times throughout the year. Our children think of each other as cousins and that melts my heart! I am grateful for the few years that they were just a state away! I will be in vacay mode…and heading out of town as well. Since warmer weather hasn’t come to MD, we are headed for warmer weather!! What are you doing this weekend? Any plans for getting outdoors? In the mean time, check out these links about some things going on around the internet this week. Keep on Reading!
For this week’s Friday Fun, I thought I would stick with the Earth month theme and share a few links to help lead a more sustainable life. Whether you are looking to cook seasonally, donate clothes, striving to create less waste, or looking for your next adventure, we have you covered! Keep on reading!
We are giddy with excitement because A: Its Spring Break and B: We get to spend it road tripping to see some of our favorite people! Although the visit is not as long as we would like (children only have 4 days off) and we will be saying good bye as they are moving further away. It will be a bitter sweet trip. Cheers to having a blast and making wonderful memories! What are you doing for spring break?
In the mean time check out these fun links for some great reads around the internet this week.
- If you haven’t already read this blog post, please stop what you are doing and check it out. The post really makes me appreciate what is important in life and the perfect lessons from a 90 year old women.
- This simple Olive Oil Cake would be a great addition to my next brunch menu. The cake looks so light and golden brown.
- Everyone needs a little pep talk every once in a while. Matt from Life without Pants has a great post titled “Starting is Easy, Continuing takes Courage”. He encourages you to keep going with what makes you happy!
- Just add a little tequila, and these tacos from Smitten Kitchen, and we have a PARTY! Who’s in?
- I love to read! The Everygirl blog has a list of inspirational books. Chasing Slow might have to be my library snag.
Have a happy weekend! Next week we will be starting an entire month of Eco Friendly tips and tricks in honor of Earth day.
What do you have planned for this weekend? We will be crafting, playing outside, and getting ready for our Easter guests. Lisa and her sweet family will be coming to visit and we can’t wait! Keep on Reading
High five! We made it through the week and after the time change…I.AM.SO.TIRED. While you are hanging out this weekend, put your feet up and check out some of the fun links below. Keep on Reading!